eDiscovery, Data & Document Management
At the forefront of the litigation support field for more than 25 years, Shook, Hardy & Bacon pioneered many of the data management strategies that are now industry standards. The SHB eDiscovery, Data & Document Management Practice has partnered with many Fortune 50, 100 and 500 clients to develop proactive, efficient solutions for electronic document retention and high-volume discovery in complex litigation. This practice offers a unique blend of legal, technical and strategic acumen developed over decades handling some of largest and most contentious mass tort litigations to date. Leveraging this vast experience, SHB counsel crafts sophisticated corporate compliance programs that take into account state and federal regulations, as well as litigation preservation requirements.
The SHB eDiscovery, Data & Document Management Practice is unrivaled in its ability to orchestrate workflow processes and systems for managing substantial document populations in complex discovery. This practice currently manages document collection, review and production projects, ranging in size from several thousand to several million pages, for a wide variety of industry leaders. With a stable pool of more than 100 contract attorneys available for large-scale review projects, SHB frequently marshals its extensive resources on behalf of clients, their in-house counsel and their extended litigation network. In addition, SHB attorneys have access to technology experts and support staff experienced in partnering with clients to provide objective consultative support and recommend best practices. Under the supervision of a chief information officer, the firm's IT department, practice support divisions, library, and records center focus full-time on litigation challenges. SHB lawyers also have long-standing relationships with national litigation support vendors, experts and consultants. Having negotiated hundreds of vendor agreements, the firm ensures that these arrangements accurately reflect the records management and retention needs of each project. As a result, SHB lawyers often achieve substantial volume discounts and competitive rates that translate into significant cost-savings for clients.
Through leadership roles with several professional associations, including the Sedona Conference, SHB has been instrumental in shaping legal developments in this emerging area of the law. These attorneys contribute writings to prominent legal publications and present at national and international symposia. SHB has twice sponsored the National Forum on E-Discovery and Electronic Records Management in conjunction with the University of Kansas School of Law. These programs have attracted several prominent jurists and are well-attended by many clients, colleagues, judges, and law school professors.
Attorneys in eDiscovery, Data & Document Management
News & Events
- Miller to Facilitate ARMA International's "Predictive Coding Boot Camp"
- Miller to Address Document Retention Policies in December CLE Programs
- Talbert to Participate in Webinar on The Sedona Conference® Commentary on Ethics & Metadata
- SHB Attorneys to Present at Carmel Valley eDiscovery Retreat
- Tanner to Address Cloud Computing Issues at SecureWorld Expo
- Esteban to Discuss “Big Data and the Future of Litigation”
- Barkett to Present Defensible E-Discovery Webinar
- Esteban to Serve on Faculty of Sedona Conference Institute
- SHB San Francisco to Host Women in eDiscovery Event
- Esteban to Join HarrisMartin E-Discovery Panel
- Miller to Address Document Retention and Destruction Regulations
- Talbert to Address Conference on "Electronic Discovery for the Small and Medium Case"
- Miller to Join Records and Information Management Panel