Andrew focuses on individual, mass tort and class actions involving automotive, pharmaceutical, medical device and other consumer products. With experience in all phases of civil litigation, Andrew has drafted and argued successful motions, briefs and appeals for matters before both state and federal courts and participated in numerous jury trials. He has represented companies in business, environmental and employment litigation related to consumer fraud, contract disputes, trade secrets, copyright infringement, architectural design and construction law, overtime and Employee Retirement Income Security Act benefits, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act claims, and insurance coverage.
Some of Andrew’s recent experience includes:
- representing two defendants in a state antitrust action against the pharmaceutical industry from successful summary judgment through appeal;
- drafting and successfully arguing several claim-dispositive motions in a breach of contract and trade secret action;
- briefed winning motion to deny class certification before discovery in a putative nationwide class action against one of the world's largest retailers for alleged consumer fraud regarding products labeled "Made in USA”;
- conceiving, drafting and managing the preparation of dispositive motions in claims brought by thousands of individual employees in a Fair Labor Standards Act collective action, resulting in favorable settlement;
- analyzing and responding to claims seeking defense or indemnity under supplier/distributor, insurance and surety contracts;
- defending numerous manufacturers of a variety of products in product liability actions through trial and settlement.
As an active member of the Asian-American Bar Association and Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom, Andrew respects and seeks to ensure diversity in all walks of life. His commitment to the elimination of discrimination is further reflected by his pro bono activities, which include the defense of the rights of disabled tenants to reasonable accommodations.
During law school, Andrew served as a judicial extern for Los Angeles Superior Court The Hon. Haley J. Fromholz (ret.).