Steve has been with Shook since 1996 and has extensive experience successfully helping clients with the legal and practical issues associated with the pre-trial and discovery-related aspects of complex, nationwide product liability litigation.
Steve's experience on behalf of Shook clients includes:
- Collecting client documents;
- Reviewing client documents for confidential and proprietary information;
- Reviewing client documents for protection from discovery pursuant to the attorney-client privilege and attorney work-product doctrine;
- Drafting privilege logs;
- Drafting memoranda in support of oppositions to motions to compel the production of privileged documents;
- Analyzing client documents and testimony for issues relevant to claims, defenses and witness preparation;
- Drafting responses to written discovery requests;
- Drafting motions in limine and memoranda in support; and
- Coordinating the affirmative discovery and analysis of opposing parties' documents.
Steve has also coordinated the development of secure web sites that serve as electronic clearinghouses for the collection and distribution of attorney work product and other materials relevant to specific litigation claims and issues.