Devin’s practice focuses primarily on mass torts and complex product liability litigation, including federal multidistrict litigation and consolidated state court actions. He has specific knowledge in litigation involving prescription drugs and medical devices. Devin directs and coordinates all aspects of litigation, including:
- Motion practice, such as motions to the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation, MDL courts and other state and federal courts;
- Depositions of plaintiffs and other witnesses;
- Written discovery coordination with domestic corporations and their overseas affiliates;
- Document collection and production;
- Witness preparation of both corporate and expert witnesses; and
- Trial preparation.
Devin is also actively involved in pro bono work. In this effort, he has represented parents and children involved in legal proceedings in Missouri state court as well as adoption proceedings in Kansas state court. Devin is also a member of Shook’s Parent Task Force, which coordinates educational opportunities and develops policies for the benefit of parents at Shook.
Devin has collaborated with Harley Ratliff for several years to contribute to the annual compendium Getting the Deal Through’s chapter on product recall in the United States for several years, including:
Lori McGroder & Devin Ross, Tilzer, Rule 1.8(g), & the End of Mass Tort Settlement as We Know It, 19:16 MEALEY’S Emerging Toxic Torts, Nov. 16, 2010, at 17.
Adam Moore & Devin Ross, Risky Business, Pharma, Jan./Feb. 2010, at 32.
Josh Hill, Devin Ross & Brad Serafine, Watch Your Language! The Kansas Law Review Survey of Official-English and English-Only Laws and Policies, 57 Kansas L. Rev. 669 (2009).