Erin focuses her practice on tort, environmental and commercial law. She has experience drafting orders and opinions in civil and criminal matters and providing legal and policy guidance on matters related to complaint investigation and compliance reviews. As an associate with a Chicago-based law firm, she also handled real estate transactions, estate planning, contracts and loan agreements. In addition, she served as a guardian ad litem for Chicago Volunteer Legal Services.
Erin’s litigation experience includes:
- Serving on a trial team defending against a personal injury claim involving exposure to sulfuric compounds;
- Serving as litigation and trial counsel for potentially responsible parties in federal CERCLA/Superfund actions;
- Serving on teams that litigated property damage and personal injury mass torts and class actions related to harm allegedly caused by benzene, radioactive materials, phosphine, and aflatoxins in air, soil and water;
- Representing and counseling clients in judicial and administrative actions relating to climate change and sustainability at the federal and state level; and
- Serving on the team tasked with allocating liability among multiple parties for the clean-up of a Superfund site through supervising discovery, depositions and findings of fact.