Shook, Hardy & Bacon's Data and Discovery Strategies practice uses more than 30 years of experience to offer results that are creative, defensible and cost-effective. Our guiding principles include:
- To always favor a “just, speedy and inexpensive determination of every action and proceeding,” as prescribed by Fed. R. Civ. P. 1;
- To remember that the standard of discovery is not perfection but reasonableness and good faith;
- To hold the line when the burden or expense of proposed discovery outweighs its likely benefit; and
- To resist discovery on discovery, especially in the absence of evidence of improper conduct or bad faith.
We are particularly proud of our ability to effectively collaborate with client trial teams from other law firms.
Our data and discovery strategies services include:
Data and Discovery Counsel:
- Discovery consulting;
- Discovery counsel; and
- Coordinating counsel.
- Document review center featuring temporary analyst program and managed review services;
- Data and document preservation, collection, review and production;
- Discovery and data analysis (e.g. defendant fact sheets, witness preparation, review and analysis of client data and documents); and
- Implementation and support of state-of-the-art discovery technology.
Records and Information Management Capabilities:
- Defensible data disposition;
- Records retention policies and procedure development;
- Information governance policies;
- Litigation readiness;
- Data migration and classification;
- Compliance programs;
- Information management; and
- Social media, cloud computing and mobile devices.