Rebecca’s practice focuses primarily on litigation support and electronic discovery in the defense of complex national product liability cases in federal multidistrict litigation, state consolidated matters and individual state and federal cases. Her experience includes:
- Reviewing and analyzing client documents and ESI for responsiveness, confidentiality, privilege and proprietary information, including the translation and review of foreign language documents;
- Developing, organizing and analyzing documents, ESI and testimony for issues relevant to claims, defenses and witness preparation;
- Preparing, reviewing and finalizing privilege logs;
- Supervising the quality control of document review teams;
- Assisting with the design of database searches to identify key documents requested by case and trial teams; and
- Drafting responses to requests for production, interrogatories and requests for admission.
Rebecca also has extensive experience with the implementation of large-scale settlement programs and case valuation systems.
With a background as an RN and more than 15 years of experience in product litigation, Rebecca’s knowledge of scientific and medical information allows her to quickly synthesize and recognize key medical issues involved at all stages of litigation. Her medical insight has been an asset when preparing for settlement negotiations and depositions, working with medical experts and managing our nurse analyst teams conducting the review and analysis of voluminous medical records.
Before joining Shook, Rebecca practiced privately for 13 years, focusing on family and juvenile law, including “child in need of care” cases in Kansas state courts.