KaSandra defends pharmaceutical companies against personal injury and wrongful death product liability claims across the country, including actions in state and federal courts and federal multistate litigation. She brings to Shook clients her substantial experience in government health policy, health law, corporate defense litigation, business policy and ethics.
KaSandra’s legal experience includes:
- Serving as a major retailers’ liaison counsel in a pharmaceutical mass tort that is pending in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas;
- Defending a pharmaceutical company against third-party payor claims, including appellate briefing in the U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit;
- Investigating regulatory and human resource issues at a pharmaceutical company;
- Defending product liability claims against a manufacturer of artificial food flavorings;
- Preparing corporate witnesses for deposition in high-profile pharmaceutical litigation;
- Counseling corporate life sciences client employees on scientific integrity; and
- Assisting with contract dispute negotiations involving construction clients as government contractors.