Shook, Hardy & Bacon’s reputation as an international powerhouse is founded on long-standing collaborations with industry leaders in science, health and technology.
Working at the intersection of litigation, regulation and public policy, our attorneys stay ahead of emerging issues to help companies execute their long-term objectives. We not only understand our business partners and their people, products and processes, but leverage this institutional knowledge to ensure consistency and accountability no matter the size or complexity of the engagement.
Our teams work closely with in-house counsel to respond to litigation threats and anticipate future trends. We assist with regulatory compliance, information security and privacy issues, and corporate reviews to defuse contentious legal scenarios and promote overall operative efficiency. With access to the firm’s arsenal of complex litigation experience, scientific and technical knowledge, and state-of-the-art litigation management tools, our clients also benefit from the latest in e-discovery and data tracking and retention technology.
In addition to fielding the largest product liability practice in the world, Shook promotes the interests of our clients in business and employment litigation, intellectual property disputes, and corporate transactions. Dedicated to securing the best possible result on every assignment we undertake, we offer all of our clients the following value-added services.
- CLE/Training Programs: We invite our clients to take advantage of Shook’s extensive selection of internal and external training programs. Featuring dynamic speakers from legal departments and state and federal benches across the country, these CLE programs focus on cutting-edge legal issues directly related to day-to-day practice.
- Newsletters and Publications: Shook publishes several industry-leading newsletters, bulletins and alerts. Client personnel can be added to the distribution lists for any or all of these publications.
- Secondments: In an effort to understand our clients’ ongoing business goals and challenges, we have seconded dozens of paralegals or attorneys to clients' headquarters.
- Strategic Litigation Management: Shook has considerable experience with litigation management in one-off cases, small groups of related cases and entire dockets. To reduce case dockets and cycle times, mitigate risk and control cost, we also work with corporate legal departments to track metrics deemed critical to the success of the engagement, using proprietary benchmarking or through legal tracking sources like TyMetrix.
- Technology: Shook is a legal industry leader in the use of litigation management technology and other tools critical to successful outcomes. We regularly implement client extranets to facilitate communication, efficient sharing of resources, and updating of commonly used reports and documents.
- Risk Assessments: Shook has conducted risk assessments at every stage of the product lifecycle, including pre-launch and post-launch, as well as reviews of supply chain management. We can conduct client risk assessment projects for clients at no cost or a significantly reduced cost.