Shook, Hardy & Bacon has been named among the top 50 “2016 Litigation Powerhouse” law firms by Law360.
Law360’s inaugural “Litigation Powerhouses” rankings law firms by size of the firm’s litigation team, litigation wins in the past year, and new litigation matters the firm was hired to work on in the past year.
Some of Shook’s biggest litigation wins from the previous year include:
- Auto dealer L.A. Truck Centers was cleared in a fatal minibus crash; plaintiffs had sought $58 million in damages;
- Two pelvic mesh trials for Boston Scientific:
- In the first trial of two pelvic mesh manufacturers at once, a Missouri jury hands Boston Scientific a defense verdict; the plaintiff had sought $28 million in damages;
- Boston Scientific receives a defense verdict in a North Carolina jury trial;
- Ford Motor Company wins a jury verdict in a seat design and rear structure case, with the plaintiff seeking $18 million in damages; and
- Two Engle progeny cases for Philip Morris USA: Collar v. Philip Morris USA, and Russo v. Philip Morris USA, where plaintiffs sought a combined total of more than $29 million.