Working Mother magazine has selected Shook for its prestigious list of the 2018 “50 Best Law Firms for Women.” It is the seventh time in the last 11 years Shook has been chosen for the honor. The inclusion recognizes Shook’s diverse work culture, which includes women attorneys in leadership roles and providing legal services to key clients.
Several of the firm’s major practices in health, science and technology are led or co-led by women. The Chicago, Houston, Miami, Orange County and Tampa offices of Shook are managed or co-managed by women attorneys. Nearly two decades ago, Shook formed a diversity committee and was one of the first firms to hire a diversity leader.
Shook’s commitment extends to the next generation of attorneys. One-third of Shook’s 2018 summer associates are diverse. In addition to the Working Mother honor, Vault ranked Shook among the best law firms for diversity and summer associates development for 2019.
Shook has earned numerous honors for diversity, including the following:
- WILEF, Gold Standard Certification, 2010-2018;
- Equality Illinois, “Raising the Bar,” 2017;
- Vault, “Best Law Firms for Diversity,” including ranking No. 4 for women and No. 3 for LGBT individuals, 2019;
- Human Rights Campaign, 100% Corporate Equality Index, 2010-2018;
- Coca-Cola, “General Counsel Diversity Advancement” Award, 2017; “Living the Values” Award, 2015;
- Law360, “Best Law Firms for Women,” 2015-2018.