The U.S. Senate has confirmed Shook Partner Matt Keenan to serve on the board of directors of the Legal Services Corporation (LSC), the single largest provider of civil legal assistance for low-income people in the nation.
The other nominees confirmed are:
- Robert J. Grey, Jr., president of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity;
- Abigail L. Kuzma, co-founder and former executive director of the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic and former assistant attorney general for the Office of the Indiana Attorney General;
- John G. Levi, current LSC Chair and a partner at Sidley Austin LLP in Chicago;
- John G. Malcolm, vice president of the Institute for Constitutional Government, and director/senior legal fellow of the Meese Center for Legal & Judicial Studies at the Heritage Foundation;
- Frank X. Neuner, Jr., partner at NeunerPate in Lafayette, Louisiana;
- Julie Reiskin, executive director of the Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition; and
- Gloria Valencia-Weber, emeritus professor at the University of New Mexico Law School.
Victor Maddox, a partner at Fultz Maddox Dickens in Louisville, Kentucky; Laurie Mikva, clinical assistant professor at Northwestern Pritzker School of Law and commissioner on the Illinois Court of Claims; and Father Pius Pietrzyk, assistant professor of canon law at St. Patrick Seminary in Menlo Park, California, also serve on the board.