Scott has been with Shook for more than 20 years, and his practice focuses on the defense of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability litigation in federal and state courts throughout the United States. Scott has extensive experience assisting clients with many complex issues associated with both the discovery-related and pre-trial aspects of nationwide product liability litigation.
Scott’s experience on behalf of Shook clients includes:
- Establishing and managing Document Analysis and Theme Development teams, which provide the following core services: (1) company story development; (2) critical document and testimony analysis and rebuttal; (3) fact and expert witness development support; and (4) trial support
- Preparing exhibit lists
- Analysis of and objections to exhibit lists
- Creating demonstrative trial exhibits
Privilege and Work Product Issues
- Reviewing client documents for application of the attorney-client privilege and work-product doctrine
- Drafting privilege logs
Discovery Requests and Defendant Fact Sheet Process
- Drafting responses to Requests for Production, Interrogatories, and Requests for Admission
- Developing protocols and guidelines pertaining to the preparation of Defendant Fact Sheets
- Managing the Defendant Fact Sheet preparation process
Author, The Internet and the Legal Battlegrounds of the Future: From Internet Domain Names to Internet Keywords, 68 UMKC Law Review 77 (1999).