Force Majeure and COVID-19: Potential Business Implications
In this unprecedented time, a prominent question is whether COVID-19 excuses business performance.
This webinar concerning force majeure clauses may be particularly insightful for your ongoing business operational considerations. In addition to a discussion of force majeure clauses, the program will focus on UCC and common law doctrines.
This format is meant to be discussion based and allow time for questions. We will be discussing the following topics:
- Written force majeure provisions and critical interpretive issues
- When performance of obligations may be impracticable
- Whether the pandemic may frustrate the purpose some of agreements
- The impact of material adverse change provisions
- Key practical questions for assessing the impact of COVID-19 on contracts and considerations for dealing with counterparties