Shook Denver provides clients with superior legal counsel in high-stakes complex litigation, including class actions, locally and nationwide. In addition to litigation and trials, our attorneys counsel clients on intellectual property, business matters, product safety, risk assessment and litigation risk management, including how to prepare for and avoid potential litigation. Shook Denver attorneys represent some of the largest companies in the world, as well as progressive startups and privately held entities in a wide variety of industries and practice areas.
- Commercial Litigation
- Breach of Contract, Business Torts, Non-Compete, Securities Fraud, Deceptive Trade Practices, Warranty, Indemnification, Banking, Insurance Coverage, Affirmative Cost Recovery
- Employment and Labor Law
- Wage-and-Hour Litigation, Class Actions and Collective Actions
- General Liability Litigation
- Wrongful Death, Personal Injury and Tort Defense, Premises Liability, General Liability, Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Product Liability
- Automotive, Heavy Equipment, Steel and Polymer Products, Industrial Products, Batteries, Alarm and Fire Protection Products, Building Materials, Electrical Products, Oilfield Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, Consumer Products
- Patent/Intellectual Property
- Patent Prosecution, Opinions and Assessments, IP Strategies and Development, IP Due Diligence, IP Monetization
- Class Actions
- Consumer Claims, Breach of Contract, Data Privacy, Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA), Insurance
- General Counsel and Advice, Breach Response, Ransomware, BIPA
- Briefing, Amicus, Argument
- Banking, Financial Services and Securities
- Building Products
- Consumer Products
- Design and Construction
- Emerging Technologies
- Employment and Labor Law
- Energy and Alternative Energy Sources
- Fire Protection and Alarms
- Heavy Equipment
- Industrial Products
- Life Sciences and Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device
- Security Monitoring and Alarms
History and Resources
Located across from Denver’s Union Station, Shook Denver opened in 2014. Backed by Shook’s international network of litigators, business professionals and analysts, and working as one firm, our Denver office provides clients legal teams handpicked from talent across Shook’s 16 offices. Each team member’s experience and unique ability is considered to meet the specific needs of each client.
The Shook Denver office and individual attorneys have been recognized for achievements for clients both inside and outside of the courtroom, including exceptional client-service focus, by Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, Benchmark Litigation, Who’s Who Legal, BTI Consulting, National Law Journal, Acritas Stars and Colorado Super Lawyers. Our attorneys also are active in the leadership of numerous organizations including The Colorado Bar, the Denver Bar Association, the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, the Propane Gas Defense Association, Litigation Counsel of America, the Defense Research Institute and the Independent Bankers Association, among many others, and frequently provide continuing legal education for their peers through the Colorado Bar Association, Denver Bar Association and the Association of Corporate Counsel.
Colorado Community and Business
Shook Denver attorneys are committed to the Colorado community, donating hundreds of hours through pro bono work and as volunteers to numerous community organizations. Our attorneys are involved in tutoring low-income high school youth, supporting an educational center that provides education and services for children with special needs, helping raise the profile (and supporting contributions) for an organization dedicated to providing social enterprise opportunities to help women in poverty find purpose and become self-sufficient, contributing to a Colorado institution that is working to end Type 1 diabetes, volunteering with a non-profit dedicated to empowering youth and building community through mountain biking, and providing pro bono services for families fleeing gender- and political-based violence.
And while Shook Denver serves national and international clients, our office also serves Colorado-specific businesses and is well-versed and committed to Colorado law and the legal matters of Colorado industries and businesses. Shook Denver is an active contributor and supporter of the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel and the Colorado BioScience Association.