Annie is an accomplished trial lawyer with more than 20 years of experience in civil and business litigation. She has handled matters for clients in a range of industries, including technology, pharmaceutical, health care, food and beverage, and tobacco. Annie has tried numerous cases and has handled matters in state and federal courts in various areas, including trade secret and infringement laws, breach of contract and other complex business disputes, product liability, fraud and unfair competition laws. Annie has also taken hundreds of fact and expert depositions and has extensive experience dealing with complex medical and scientific issues.
Annie has also worked on litigation matters in Hong Kong, Thailand, Korea, Japan and the Philippines. She advises her clients on complex legislative and regulatory matters and future litigation threats in foreign jurisdictions, including providing updates on new rulings and legislation affecting product liability law.
In addition, she is a member of Shook’s Artificial Intelligence Task Force, monitoring this rapidly evolving practice area and developing business and litigation strategies to meet the new challenges it brings to clients.
Not only has she successfully tried cases to verdict for her corporate clients, Annie also has first-chaired cases as a volunteer attorney at the San Francisco Office of the Public Defender. Committed to giving back to the larger community, she has served on the board of the Asian American Bar Association of the Greater Bay Area and has provided legal advice to low-income Asians as a volunteer at the Asian Legal Clinic. Annie also has served the Asian American community nationally as a co-chair of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association’s Women’s Leadership Committee.
Annie is a member of Shook's Executive Committee.
- Representing a technology company in a putative class action related to the use of ride-tracking software.
- Representing a technology company in a misappropriation of trade secret action.
- Defending a major beverage retailer in a breach of contract matter.
- Represented a software support company in a four-week copyright infringement trial against Oracle.
- Represented a multinational e-commerce corporation in a class action privacy matter.
- Representing a major cigarette manufacturer in multiple lawsuits and trials nationwide.
- Represented Catholic Charities in a housing discrimination and reasonable accommodation lawsuit, which resulted in a favorable summary judgment motion.