Health care and manufacturer clients nationwide trust Anna to manage risk and forge a pathway for them through their most challenging medical device and toxic tort litigation. Recognizing that a "one-size-fits-all" approach is less suitable for many in today’s dynamic litigation climate, she listens closely to clients and works tirelessly with them to identify creative solutions within and outside of traditional litigation. But when litigation is the chosen route, Anna helps clients navigate successfully to the courthouse and to a verdict.
Anna centers her practice in the areas of mass tort, product liability, clinical trials, professional negligence, medical malpractice and risk assessment. Her trial experience includes a significant defense verdict in an obstetrical malpractice trial, which was profiled in The National Law Journal as one of 10 “Top Defense Wins of 2005.” Her product liability practice centers on medical device and toxic tort litigation.
She also is committed to pro bono services, having co-founded Atlanta Lawyers for Animal Welfare, an organization providing pro bono representation to animal rescue groups. She has also served on the Board of Directors for PAWS Atlanta, Georgia’s oldest nonprofit, no-kill animal shelter, as well as the board of directors of the Grant Park Conservancy.
- Regional coordinating counsel for a Fortune 100 company for asbestos-related liabilities, including management of litigation in a number of traditional “Judicial Hellholes.”
- Secondment to the Forsyth County Solicitor’s Office as a Special Prosecutor, prosecuting misdemeanors in three jury trials and one bench trial over a two-week period.
- Retained as trial counsel in asbestos and talc-related litigation in Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Florida, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland and Missouri.
- Representation of corporation in alleged defamation action.
- Development of best practice guidelines for local counsel in a variety of localities.
Daubert Motions and Expert Opinions: Trends, Developments and Everything You Need to Know, Webinar, The Knowledge Group, November 13, 2017 (with Paul E. Wojcicki).
Good Clinical Practice: A Question & Answer Reference Guide, Section 19: Clinical Trials Litigation, PAREXEL International Corp., May 2006 (with Laura Owens).