Strategic Locations Worldwide
"The name says it all. 'Bet-The-Company' law firms are the firms clients refer to when
their (fill in the blank) is on the line. Whether the matter at risk is the company itself,
the company's reputation, the CEO or the shareholders, clients have Bet-The-Company
law firms keyed to their red-hot direct dial. Bet-The-Company law firms are positioned
to save the day."
- The BTI Consulting's 2006 BTI Power Rankings
Shook, Hardy & Bacon is a powerhouse law firm with 10 offices strategically located across the United States and Europe in Geneva, Houston, Kansas City, London, Miami, Orange County, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Tampa, and Washington, D.C. With a reputation for favorable results and cost-effective strategies, SHB and its award-winning attorneys have recently garnered the following accolades:
- The American Lawyer - Product Liability Litigation Department of the Year: 2008 | Product Liability Litigation Department of the Year Finalist: 2010. The magazine reported of SHB that "more than any other firm in the product liability competition, it tries cases and wins."
- Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers - Global Product Liability Law Firm of the Year: 2005 - 2010. The 2010 publication also recognizes 18 SHB attorneys in six practice areas as leaders in their fields.
- Who's Who Legal: The International Who's Who of Product Liability Defence Lawyers - This annual guide has singled out SHB as having the world's "preeminent product liability practice." Fourteen SHB partners are ranked among the world's top product liability defense lawyers in 2010.
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business: In the area of National Products Liability & Mass Torts, SHB was named one of five "Band One" firms, the top-tier ranking by Chambers. Twenty-five SHB attorneys were recognized as among the leading U.S. lawyers in 2010.
- The Lawdragon 500 - Leading Lawyers in America: Five SHB partners were selected for The Lawdragon 500: Leading Lawyers in America 2010 listing, "a single guide to the best lawyer, in any given field, anywhere in the country."
- The Best Lawyers in America - Thirty-five SHB attorneys have been recognized as "Best Lawyers in America" for 2011, based on more than three million peer evaluations.
- The Legal 500 - The 2010 edition recognizes SHB as a national leader in products liability litigation for consumer products, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, and automotive/transport. The guide’s UK edition also recognizes SHB as a leading health and safety law firm.
- Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys - The 2010 edition ranks SHB as a Tier One national products liability firm. Six partners are recognized as national products liability stars.
- Guide to the World's Leading Product Liability Lawyers: SHB was selected as the world’s leading product liability firm, and 21 partners were selected for inclusion in the 2010 edition of this prestigious guide, more than any other firm.
- Super Lawyers - Eighty-three SHB attorneys were singled out for special recognition in various state editions of Super Lawyers 2010, an annual guide to outstanding practitioners.
Shook, Hardy excels in both national and international litigation, focusing on the defense of global product liability claims, class actions and other complex torts. In addition, the firm boasts skilled corporate law attorneys who bring years of experience to the full spectrum of business needs. This combination has ranked SHB attorneys among the most sought-after practitioners in corporate transactions and high-stakes litigation across the globe.