Chambers & Partners has recognized Shook, Hardy & Bacon’s product liability, litigation, environmental, insurance, intellectual property, and labor and employment practices in its 2017 edition of Chambers USA.
Earning a Band 1 nationwide ranking, Shook’s product liability team is described as a “standout practice, much admired for its roster of product liability experts based across the USA.” Chambers remarks that the firm “handles a high volume of cases across all major product areas, with a particularly strong reputation in life sciences and tobacco litigation.”
Shook’s litigation practice received a Band 1 ranking in Missouri, Band 3 ranking in Florida and a Band 4 ranking in Illinois. A client praised the firm’s litigation practice by noting: “They are highly reliable and responsive, which makes them one of our go-to firms.” Shook’s environmental practice garnered a Band 1 ranking in Missouri and was praised for being a “market-leading team with an enviable reputation for its work in the Superfunds space.” Shook’s insurance practice was recognized with a Band 2 ranking for Insurance: Dispute Resolution in Illinois.
Shook’s intellectual property team received a Band 2 ranking in Missouri. Also receiving a Band 2 ranking in Missouri is Shook’s labor and employment team. Of the group, clients reported that they are “very satisfied with this team's excellent trial attorneys.”
(Newly ranked attorneys are marked with an asterisk)
In Chambers’ individual rankings, eight Shook attorneys were recognized on a national level, including:
- Robert Adams (Product Liability & Mass);
- Frank Kelly (Product Liability & Mass Torts);
- Patrick Oot (Litigation: E-Discovery);
- Kenneth Reilly (Product Liability & Mass Torts; Spotlight Table: Product Liability—Tobacco);
- Al Saikali* (Privacy and Data Security);
- Hildy Sastre* (Product Liability & Mass Torts);
- Sean Wajert (Product Liability & Mass Torts);
- Gene Williams (Product Liability & Mass Torts).
In addition, 18 Shook attorneys received the following regional honors.
Litigation: General Commercial
- Robert Adams (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- Gene Balloun (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- Bill Geraghty (Florida)
- John McCambridge (Illinois)
- Joseph Rebein (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- Kenneth Reilly (Florida)
- Todd Ruskamp (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- William Sampson (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- Gene Voigts (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- Mark Anstoetter (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- John Barkett (Florida)
- Dave Erickson (Kansas City & Surrounds)
- Thomas Grever (Kansas City & Surrounds)
Insurance: Dispute Resolution
Labor & Employment
- William Martucci (Kansas City & Surrounds)
Chambers & Partners establishes its rankings by using a team of more than 140 researchers who conduct thousands of in-depth interviews with lawyers and their clients worldwide. The team identifies and ranks the world’s best lawyers and legal departments according to the criteria most valued by clients: legal knowledge and experience, ability, effectiveness and client service. The annual guide ranks law firms and lawyers based on in-depth interviews with attorneys and corporate counsel.