- Life Sciences and Biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Device
- Food, Beverage and Agribusiness
- Insurance and Reinsurance
- Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
On February 2, 2016, the European Union and the United States reached an agreement on an EU-U.S. Privacy Shield to replace the invalidated Safe Harbor framework. Elements of the new Privacy Shield include an annual joint review of the data-sharing pact and creation of an Ombudsman position within the U.S. Department of State to handle referrals of complaints from EU data protection authorities. Our privacy team discusses these breaking developments and provides an update on reactions from companies and regulators on both sides of the Atlantic.