Twenty-five Attorneys to Join Shook on March 1
The attorneys and staff from Chicago complex commercial litigation boutique Grippo & Elden LLC will join Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P., a nationally recognized, litigation-focused law firm, effective March 1, 2015.
Chicago is the fourth new city for Shook over the past three years: previous additions include Philadelphia (August 2012), Seattle (December 2013), and Denver (June 2014). Shook now has 13 office locations, two in Europe and 11 in the U.S.
Founded in Chicago in 1988, Grippo & Elden boasts significant business and commercial litigation experience, including antitrust, breach of contract, class actions, insurance coverage, employment and labor, fraud and fiduciary breach, intellectual property, internet and technology, post-closing disputes, and private equity. The firm has been widely recognized for excellence by Chambers USA and Best Law Firms/Best Lawyers®. Firm attorneys have earned membership in several prestigious, invitation-only organizations, including the American College of Trial Lawyers and Litigation Counsel of America.
Grippo & Elden’s Michael Conway will become the Vice Chair of Shook’s Business Litigation and Corporate Services section and will work to build the firm’s combined commercial litigation practice. Grippo & Elden’s Todd Jacobs will serve as the Chicago managing partner, leading the office’s 25 attorneys, as well as its staff. The group will be located in Grippo & Elden’s current space, at 111 S. Wacker Drive.
John Murphy, Chair, Shook, Hardy & Bacon:
- “Grippo & Elden’s sophisticated commercial litigation practice and its Chicago location fit perfectly with our strategic objectives. The addition of these superb lawyers increases the depth and breadth of our national complex commercial litigation practice.”
- “Our firms have shared values and a shared legacy: both groups value teamwork and exceptional client service, and both are known for their excellent trial lawyers and impressive results.”
Gary Elden, Founder and Principal, Grippo & Elden:
- “During our firm’s history, we have had many overtures to combine with another firm. The opportunity to join Shook obviously stood out. We have known and worked alongside Shook attorneys for more than 20 years. Like Shook, we deliver client-focused, practical solutions, and we bring our clients the highest-quality representation in sophisticated commercial litigation matters.”
Michael Conway, Principal and member of the firm’s Executive Committee, Grippo & Elden:
- “Shook’s breadth of experience in a wide range of litigation practice areas and its innovative, efficient litigation support team will allow us to better serve our existing clients and attract new clients.”
- “Shook also bolsters our national scope, as well as our international capabilities and presence.”
Read Law360’s coverage for more information.