Intellectual property now accounts for nearly 80 percent of the market value of the S&P 500 and is widely cited as the most powerful engine in today’s economy. As brands, processes and data become a new currency, it is more important than ever for companies to protect and advance their ideas, innovation and ingenuity.
Shook, Hardy & Bacon has a long history of success representing national and multinational companies in acquiring, maintaining and protecting IP rights. Staffed to meet the challenges of this fast-paced area of law, our team includes attorneys with diverse technical undergraduate degrees—allowing them to communicate on a wide variety of scientific matters and making them ready to meet the needs of clients, no matter what area of business is involved.
Our services include:
Intellectual Property Litigation:
- Patent litigation;
- Trademark and trade dress litigation;
- Trademark dilution claims;
- Unfair competition litigation; and
- Copyright litigation.
Intellectual Property Prosecution and Counseling:
- Patent filing and prosecution;
- Patent portfolio strategy and management;
- Patent risk analysis and “troll” response;
- Inter Partes review and post-grant review;
- Strategic counseling and licensing;
- Trade secrets; and
- Trademarks and copyrights.