Kathleen has extensive arbitration experience. She has litigated over a dozen matters to conclusion in arbitration proceedings through both dispositive motions and evidentiary hearings. Kathleen also has taken on significant roles in multiple Biometric Information Privacy Act (BIPA) class actions and appeals.
- Second-chaired numerous arbitrations involving partnership, employment, business dissolution, and related issues. Kathleen prepared all facets of the cases, examined and cross-examined witnesses, argued motions, and delivered a closing argument.
- Obtained broad injunctive relief and favorable resolution for company alleging misappropriation of trade secrets against industry competitor.
- Advised insurers on complex coverage issues involving allegations of state-wide energy grid failures, municipal water contamination, trademark infringement, product defects, and construction defects.
- Defended dozens of companies, both employers and technology providers, against BIPA class actions.
- Drafted briefs for appeals in various state appellate courts, the Seventh Circuit, and the Illinois Supreme Court.
Kathleen graduated magna cum laude from Northwestern Pritzker School of Law. Before entering the legal profession, Kathleen was a high school English teacher in Chicago.